I decided to call this bone broth Liquid Gold Bone Broth for a reason, it’s because it’s that good! It really is liquid gold. The bone broth trend has really exploded over then last few years and rightfully so. There are so many heath benefits from bone broth and especially in the cold and flu season. I use chicken backs but you can also use the carcass of a chicken. You can also add it some chicken feet for some added collagen. Just add all the ingredients into your crock pot, turn it on and let it do it’s job. I like to leave the crock pot running for up to 24 hours. I know that sounds like a really long time but you want to extract all of the goodness out of the bones. Also, think about the chicken bones that you are using. You want to use the highest quality of bones because you want a nutrient dense broth. I highly recommend getting chicken backs from US Wellness Meats.
Liquid Gold Bone Broth
A simple recipe for multipurpose bone both.
- 4 chicken backs
- 3 carrots peeled and cut in to 1" pieces
- 3 stocks of celery cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow onion quartered
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and skin removed
- ginger root 1" piece peeled
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 16 cups filtered water or the max your crock-pot will hold
- Feel free to add: fresh herbs you have on hand such as parsley, thyme or rosemary.
Place everything in crock-pot and set to low for 20-25 hours.
Once the crock-pot is finished cooking use a colander and strain everything out.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for two months.